Updated: Jun 28, 2018
If there’s one breakfast I really enjoy and will never get tired of, it’s these #proteinpancakes. Even though they feel really naughty to eat, they’re actually full of all of the good stuff. The banana and the whey make them sufficiently sweet while the pecans taste oddly (gloriously?) like butter! Read on for the recipe!
You will need:
2 egg whites
30g vanilla whey
Cinnamon and Nutmeg
A steaming cup of Rooibos Tea
1. Blend your egg whites, whey and banana until they combine into a smooth consistency
2. Add two tablespoons of hot tea and fold it in.
3. Scoop 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture into a pan on medium heat and spread the mixture into a big circle. You'll know to flip the pancake when the top develops bubbles and is visibly starting cook.
Remove from the hear once the pancake is golden brown on either side. This should yield four large pancakes in total.
4. Toast your pecans! I like to put mine in the sandwich press. If you don’t have one of those, you can just pop them in a pan on a high heat until they’ve darkened a bit.
5. Once that’s done, pour four tablespoons of tea over your pancakes before sprinkling your toasted pecans over them.
6. Enjoy your breakfast with the remaining tea for added rooibos-y goodness!
And there you have it, a quick and easy breakfast that’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.